2001 e320 cdi air intake manifold motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W124ali

Car
W210 E200 Kompressor
Hi everyone

I've had an issue with my 2001 S210 E320 CDI where I am not getting the full power from the engine right away. Eventually it gets up to speed and from stationary moves away ok but there's no real "kick"!
Took it to my mechanic and he told me the motor controlling the air intake on the manifold is finito, seized.
Now my mechanic tells me that the flaps in the manifold were slightly stiff but he removed the motor and told me to try driving it without the motor, which I did. It drives faultlessly and the mechanic tells me that I can drive the car without the motor attached as ideally I should change the manifold as to not damage a replacement motor.

My question is: is it ok to drive without this motor? Will it cause any damage to the engine? Would you advise I replace the motor or the manifold & the motor?

What is the purpose of the motor? Part No. 613 150 04 94.

Thank you in advance.

I've heard that too, that disconnected motor triggers fault code but NOT limp mode... Usually it's recommended to buy new motor but get rid of the inlet flap and block actuator holes.

Purpose if the inlet flap is cause extra swirl to the intake air at low revs and thus better fuel burning.

Thanks. Do you think its ok to drive it without the motor? I didn't get any fault codes with the motor removed.

Yes, No and No.
Olly from PCS disconnected the motor from the 2 flap mechanisms which were seized. car went perfectly afterwards. Saved me the cost of a new manifold and labour, ie hundreds of pounds.

Its driving fine with the motor removed so i'll drive it as long as she lets me!. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom