2001 E320 Ignition Key wont Turn Stranded at work !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Just got in the 320CDI and put the key in no clicking and contacting nothing It goes in and will not turn no action on Dash display either . I have tried several times & cleaned the End and wiggled it ( Technical term ) Still nothing my Headlights will go on quite brightly, and the key will still operate the remote lock / unlock from outside and inside
Any suggestions next ?
I'm thinking check the actual battery voltage next I hope its not the EIS
Missus Recovery is on way over with 2 other keys and a Voltmeter.
Boyd

Give the key a tap.

Put the key in the ignition and thump under the ignition switch a few times. It does sound like an EIS issue.

As above...EIS. When you put the key in there is no sound of the steering lock disengaging.

You now have a choice...get a new EIS, which is quite expensive. Or buy an emulator which, once you have cut the old lock off, will fool the computer into thinking you have a lock and that it is disengaged.

Of course you will now have no steering lock...but you will still have an alarm.

Thanks Guys Panic is over both spare keys are a goer :bannana:so I have one duff key
I'll keep the duff key as repair if needed
Phew thought I was up for a new EIS :eek:
Boyd

Could just be the pickup coil has become dislodged from the board, stopping the key from powering up when inserted into the EIS

Yes thanks for that It will be slotted into my very long list of things to be repaired as I have 2 working keys it will not be a priority at moment

yes thanks it is likely the key will require a new coil as everything else works now with the spare keys and the original key still worked the lock / unlock
I believe I have to get a cheap key off ebay and use the Coil from that to replace mine

The first thing to do is to open the new key and check the coil has indeed fallen off. it may be you can find someone who can re-solder it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom