2001 Facelift W210 E55 FSH - Whats it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
Hi all,

Its been a while since I posted, I've been so involved with my motorbikes & scooters (recently did a 900 mile round trip to Germany and luxembourg on my Triumph America) I just havent found the time to be on here, but I have missed it, and pop in to look at the for sale section to see if theres anything interesting now and again.

Anyway, whilst its been problem free (with the exception of a battery change) Ive found that I just dont get to use the E55 anywhere near as often as I should, in fact I doubt I've done more than a couple of thousand miles in the 20 months I've had her. She just sits in the garage often with a month passing between uses.

So, the last few days Ive been considering letting her go, but given the economy, petrol prices and the fact she is a 5.4 litre V8 monster with 138k miles on the clock, I was wondering what "realistically" she could achieve? Ive seen broken ones up for £1800/2000 and even a low mileage one at a dealers for nearly £7000, so quite a wide band..

I know a dealer is unlikley to give much in a part-ex and its only likely market would be to a real enthusiast who specifically wants one of these.

I would add that she is in fabulous nick, due to her previous owner (EDZ 649) ensuring everything got done ( new wings and archs and sprayed etc) when needed.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Simon

As ^ he'll be happy having a car he knows

I really wanted a black one but given the fact that they don't come up very often I may be interested in having her back seeing as I know how good she is ;)

Simon, I just left you a message on your answer phone :)

I really wanted a black one but given the fact that they don't come up very often I may be interested in having her back seeing as I know how good she is ;)

Simon, I just left you a message on your answer phone :)

Sorry mate, its upstairs on silent, Ill go up and have a listen!

if the car is faultless and drives fine then i'd say around 4K - 4.5K? so much car for no money!

not worth selling might as well keep it.

Would've though at least 5k myself. Maybe i paid too much :doh:

Would've though at least 5k myself. Maybe i paid too much :doh:

I paid probably a grand more for mine than I should have done.

However, it did get at least a grands-worth (at my cost) of work done by the selling dealer to it so it made no odds.

Add in the fact it is has just done 51000 this week (as in clocked over to), it is as sharp as a die.

If you are happy with yours and it is in perfect nick, it doesn't really matter. You could have saved £500 and unknowingly bought a duffer which might cost you more in the long run.

If you are happy with yours and it is in perfect nick, it doesn't really matter. You could have saved £500 and unknowingly bought a duffer which might cost you more in the long run.

Exactly, when i was looking at E55's one seller had spent 4k in 6 months when his bargain needed a "bit of work"

If Simon wants his car back from you then do the honorable thing and look at what you paid, what you spent and how many miles you put on it.

There is only one real home for this car IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom