2001 MERCEDES-BENZ SL320 (R129) DESIGNO ALMANDINE Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robiwill

Car
audi a4
Hi I do not own a Mercedes. I am more of a VW/audi guy. However I do know forums for specific makes of cars are great for help. This is the situation a friend has asked me to help with the estate sale of his late fathers car. being a car guy when he is not I said sure. I then found out what it is. its a really impressive Mercedes-Benz SL320. it was last on the road in early 2020 and MOT ran out in August of the same year. The car has just under 79 thousand miles we believe full history and has done less than 5 thousand miles in the last 5 years before the MOT expired. I googled the images I was sent and the car is one of 50 DESIGNO ALMANDINE. When I was asked to help sell this I wasn't expecting to be dealing with such a rare car. I am ideally looking for a forum moderator or a recommended member of this forum for help. The questions I have are of course value, I have checked values I can find through google and Ebay and most sold went through auction but nothing recent in this colour and I know values have increased. Is this best to stick through a classic auction as is or get a new mot on it, get a check over by Mercedes main dealer and sell it privately. The biggest issue is location although the car is in the UK its 150 miles from me and 250 miles away from my Friend. Help and advice be great thanks

Hi I do not own a Mercedes. I am more of a VW/audi guy. However I do know forums for specific makes of cars are great for help. This is the situation a friend has asked me to help with the estate sale of his late fathers car. being a car guy when he is not I said sure. I then found out what it is. its a really impressive Mercedes-Benz SL320. it was last on the road in early 2020 and MOT ran out in August of the same year. The car has just under 79 thousand miles we believe full history and has done less than 5 thousand miles in the last 5 years before the MOT expired. I googled the images I was sent and the car is one of 50 DESIGNO ALMANDINE. When I was asked to help sell this I wasn't expecting to be dealing with such a rare car. I am ideally looking for a forum moderator or a recommended member of this forum for help. The questions I have are of course value, I have checked values I can find through google and Ebay and most sold went through auction but nothing recent in this colour and I know values have increased. Is this best to stick through a classic auction as is or get a new mot on it, get a check over by Mercedes main dealer and sell it privately. The biggest issue is location although the car is in the UK its 150 miles from me and 250 miles away from my Friend. Help and advice be great thanks
please be aware on checking this can not be sold until probate has cleared sorry he thought they had clear title

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom