2001 Ml270 cdi auto. NO Power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gregzuk

Car
ML 270
OK I have a ml270 cdi auto 2001. It is in limp mode and I have had a diagnostic check and the following has shown up. Electric suction fan unknown subcode, exhaust gas recirculation valve (egr) and charge pressure negative control.

I have changed the egr and tested it with a vacuum pump and it works as it should.

Both vacuum pumps, one on the front of the engine (brake) and the one down the near side at the bottom below the fuse box has plenty of vacuum.

The 5mm vacuum pipe that t's off the 10mm vacuum pipe goes into a splitter that then feeds the one vacuum solenoid that circulates then goes to the egr and the second feeds the vacuum tank and second solenoid that is on the left side, near the battery.

While the vacuum is feeding them both the egr valve is not opening and closing but if I take a pipe directly from the 10mm vacuum pipe bypassing the splitter to the solenoid that feeds the egr, then the egr seems to work as it should.

Why would the egr not work when feeding both solenoids. Plus could you shed some light on the diagnostic info please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom