2001 r129 driver window clunk!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajinder_1

Car
01' Designo SL320 , 96' C36 AMG, 98' C43 AMG Estate 19' Focus & 96' ZX6R Ninja
Hi Guys,

I have started to get a clunk on the drivers side window when it drops to open or close the door.

As the window drops down when the door is opened or the window put down from the top it clunks???

now this happens most of the time as the window has the automatic drop to avoid the rubber seals.

It only happens on that first initial drop of about 1-2cm from start???

any ideas what could be causing it???

thanks

Raj

I had the same problem over the last 6 months. now my window would not fully open or auto drop. I recieved good tip from this forum to check the gear teath on the crank. major job... but tip was correct, and I have removed the mechanism for weldeing. hopefully yours might be loose window 'clamp' bolts or loose winder motor mounts etc. let me know if you need advise on dismantling the door, because i'm now an expert within 12 hours!!

Hi roket Fixer

i think this is what has happened to mine as it has also stopped working,

it was working fine till this morning now it dont operate at all but i can hear the motor working.

the window does not come down or go up now luckily it was nearly fully closed....

your advice would be greatly appreciated as i need to resolve this problem asap as i need to use the car...

Thanks

Raj

Hi,

does anyone have any advice on having the welding side of things???

is this a better option it will no doubt be the more cost effective but will it last?

also if i do go down the welding option no doubt the car will have no window ????

if this is the case then i cant do this unless its done the same day as the car is kept on the drive....

thanks

Raj

I have completed the repair. I actually cut the crank and turned it- see attached pic- so the bad section was at the end (motor does not operate this section of the crank).
I would agree with the 'dont bother mate' if you do not have equipment, time and experience. It is do-able over a weekend. Even replacing the crank requires a total stripdown of the door. MB will charge a fortune. Where are you based?
Cheers

CIMG2571.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG2571.jpg
    CIMG2571.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 38
I have completed the repair. I actually cut the crank and turned it- see attached pic- so the bad section was at the end (motor does not operate this section of the crank).
I would agree with the 'dont bother mate' if you do not have equipment, time and experience. It is do-able over a weekend. Even replacing the crank requires a total stripdown of the door. MB will charge a fortune. Where are you based?
Cheers

CIMG2571.jpg

I'm in cov mate

I've just got a new regulator now I haven't got a rivets big enough or a rivet gun for that size

I,m sure you have done it by now, but I used some short bolts... Bit tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom