2001 S Class, Power Fold Mirrors, Can this be auto or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurraj_singh

Car
S320 L CDI (2001)
Hello

I'm new here, I have had my 2001 S320 L CDI just under a week now. Loving the ride.
Been searching online, here, benzword etc, cant find a yes/no answer, its all abit confusing.:confused:

Can you have Auto - Power Fold Mirrors on a 2001 S Class, w220 for when you lock the car?

- The mirrors fold in / out by pressing the button once.
- I do NOT have to hold the mirror buttons while they are folding.
- When I press and hold the unlock button the windows go down.
- When I press and hold the lock button the windows go back up.

Can this be automated, so when I get out of the car and lock it, the mirrors fold in, when I unlock the car, they unfold.

I've seen that some people can get Star Diagnostics to change it so it can, because this are press and fold, not press-hold and fold?

I looked into this a few years ago. Took the car to an expert on Star and I was told it was not possible. I too have press and fold controls. As far as I know auto fold was only available from late 2002 (facelift) models.

Beware leaving the mirrors folded overnight when the frost and snow comes - a few folk had problems last year getting their mirrors to unfold - can't remember the details, but believe expensive repairs resulted.

My 2003 S500 has the mirrors set to fold on lock.

On my car it is set via the menu on the cluster.

Your manual should advise you.

I have asked MB Dartford, who said that it cannot be done.

I then asked a garage who deals with MB, who said they will plug it into STAR and have a look. They said if they can they will charge about £48, if they cant, no charge. So no harm in trying right.

The manual does not mention it, neither is there an option on the dash to program it.

Thanks for your replies, will let you know what happens once I get time to go to the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom