2001 S210 E430 Spark Plug Boot Puller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are a number of things that cause a rough idle on a 112 and 113 engine.

1. Spark plugs
2. Plug leads
3. Coil packs
4. Intake Air leak
5. Failing MAF
6. Poor injector spray
7. Timing

Hi Olly hope you are well and staying safe.
Just to pick your brains if I may.
Any specific area of the intake system that is more prone to leaking? and should be checked first?
How would you go about cleaning the injector just a fuel additive in the tank?
I believe there is a test in STAR for checking smooth running/idle is this test more likely to narrow down the cause?

Hi Olly hope you are well and staying safe.
Just to pick your brains if I may.
Any specific area of the intake system that is more prone to leaking? and should be checked first?
How would you go about cleaning the injector just a fuel additive in the tank?
I believe there is a test in STAR for checking smooth running/idle is this test more likely to narrow down the cause?

Hi Andy,
All Good thanks, a bit bored as I am not fixing Mercedes at the moment.

On the 113k? The upper and lower charger gaskets (just done mine). On the NA 113 the inlet manifold gaskets.

Injector cleaner does work a bit but its not great on petrol injectors. I have used an ultrasonic bath in the past but nothing beats new parts. There is a test on the Star but it can fool you as the AMG's are not as smooth as the non AMG's and it can give you false readings. I have done everything you can possibly imagine to smooth mine out but every now and then I can feel a very slight miss. I have just learnt to live with it as I think its normal.

Cheers for the reply Olly.
I am bored too lol so I have decided to try to eliminate my slightly rough idle I have bought a set of NGK Iridium plugs and have been thinking about buying a new set of plug leads as mine are the original ones from build, any recommendations other than MB as they are horrifically expensive.
The car is saying it is now overdue a service so the sooner I can get this done the better.

I got the genuine MB leads. I have got the Bosch before but they often send the wrong lengths as they are not all the same.

Don't chase the slight miss Andy, it will do your head in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom