2001 S280 MC3198 CD CHANGER or similar with optical output - faulty considered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

memarkie99

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a CD Changer with optical output for a 2001 S280 with Comand module fitted up front.

The current unit is a MC3198 but the interface module (plug part) has badly corroded and can't be rescued.

I believe other units with optical output are directly compatible.

Full working order prefered but if the price is right I will consider faulty units - no cd changer message/magazine stuck/other faults.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi,
Where in the UK are you?

Hi Mark,
I may have one that could fit. My car used to have command at some point which is now long gone, however the cd changer is still in the boot and is not currently used.

I'll have a look and see if i can get a part number, if it will do then i'll send it down for you to try before you pay for it,

Thanks,

Rob

I have two optical changers for a 2000 W210. Original started playing up and bought a dud off Fleabay. With a iPod have never really had the need to sort it but you're more than welcome to mine to 'fettle' if you want [and if they are compatible of course].

I have two optical changers for a 2000 W210. Original started playing up and bought a dud off Fleabay. With a iPod have never really had the need to sort it but you're more than welcome to mine to 'fettle' if you want [and if they are compatible of course].
Hi,

I do like to fettle despite promising myself I would stop :wallbash:
so would be happy to give it a new home then take it apart :devil:

I can't PM yet but can post me email - if thats not against the rulez :dk:

Thx,

Mark

Hi Mark,
I may have one that could fit. My car used to have command at some point which is now long gone, however the cd changer is still in the boot and is not currently used.

I'll have a look and see if i can get a part number, if it will do then i'll send it down for you to try before you pay for it,

Thanks,

Rob
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the post. I'm going to try to fettle with the one I have been offered by ShinyF1, if that doesn't work I'll be back :cool:

Thx,

Mark

Hi Mark

My email address is [email protected]. Send me a message.
I am in Wandsworth - whereabouts are you?

Will delete the email address from the post within my allotted edit time [anyone know how long this is?] so be quick!

Regards
Sean

Last edited:
Hi Mark

My email address is x. Send me a message.
I am in Wandsworth - whereabouts are you?

Will delete the email address from the post within my allotted edit time [anyone know how long this is?] so be quick!

Regards
Sean
Hi ShinyF1,

Apologies for the delay, only just checked the forum.
Email sent :thumb:
You can edit your post.

Thanks,

Mark.

CD Changers received :thumb:

Let the fettling begin :bannana:

I'll let you know how I get on or not :rolleyes:

Just need to find some new power connectors as the one on the car has been repaired once and still in not good shape :(

Thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom