2001 slk 230 convertable front window switchs not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andre.ianna

Car
2001 clk 230 adventgarde convertable
I canot get either of the 2 front widow switches to work they appear dead however i can get the front windows to open and close via the rear window switches which odd would this be a fuse issue on the front windows obviously back and front are on different circuits and would the back switch operate the front as a bk up system as do jags :confused:

There are no rear window switches on a 2001 slk?????????

are there rear switches on a clk? or do you mean the switches in the lower control panel that operate the rear windows?

Either way sounds like a door controller issue. You could try removing battery power for 30 seconds and see if that resets the controller.

clk 230 convertable

are there rear switches on a clk? or do you mean the switches in the lower control panel that operate the rear windows?

Either way sounds like a door controller issue. You could try removing battery power for 30 seconds and see if that resets the controller.
#
there are four window switches on the centre control panel the ones furthest to the rear seats are for the back the 2 nearest the dash are for the front will disconect battery at a last resort but no power to the front switches at all not checked fuses yet only realised late last ni so was to dark to look only just got car

230clk

230 clk 2001Checked all fuses all ok took the 2 front switches out cleaned with w d 40 disconnected battery and re set widows with rear switches at least that worked Front switches still not working still :confused: surely someone has had this problem i am new to mercs is there a on off of switch hidden somewhere lol if it was a jaguar i would know were to look bought this for the wife i could cope with em being like that bit doubt she will :doh: Somebody please help

230 clk

where is the controller situated thanks

I expect you have a CAN issue. It needs plugging into a Star.

I expect you have a CAN issue. It needs plugging into a Star.

thanks for your input

It could well be a CAN issue but other steps need checking first taking it work in the morning to run multi meter tests maybe hard reset ecu but being in the electronics business i e computers and with all them jags i mess about with i reckon both switches are toast specially if there as been a fluid spillage in the past star and the stealers are a last resort

It's not just main dealers that have a Star

clk 230 convertable

It's not just main dealers that have a Star
thanks
I know I have just soken with albert lock rushden who is a custmer of mine and is no mor than 100ft from my unit if all else fails have agreed to take to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom