2001 W210 Avantgarde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
A freind of mine brought a E class, it was the last of the old shape and was a face lift.

C240 Avantgarde 40K Silver (744).

the whole car oozes quality the interior had black wood and the car was well optioned. The seats were part electric it had lights in all 4 foot wells that stayed on very subtle all the time, the rear view mirror had a light pointing down all the time to illuminate the dash all the time also. The vent openers had lights in too, the door handles had lights too all 4 doors had puddle lights too.... (ok enough about lights)

Everything about that car was so nice, the armrests the doors, the feel of the car, and it was so nice to drive too.

I have been in W210 before but they were all pre face lift and were very similar to the W202's.

I am in love with his car, makes my car look very basic and I now call my car the Vauxhall Cav. :(

If I never would have brought a house I would of sold my car to buy a face lift E55. I have yet to sit in the new E class - I look forward to seeing yours Brian.

Sorry if I have dis-heartened you W202 people. Maybee when I'm a bit older and bolder I will buy a newer bigger benz, (although I also eagerly await the new M3 second hand prices to drop)

Free rides and a sit in the drivers seat for "True Admirers" M8

See you Sunday -----------Sooooooooooooon

There is ALWAYS bigger and better.

Originally posted by Koolvin
(although I also eagerly await the new M3 second hand prices to drop)

Your'e joking...........................................................................right?

I have had BMW's and thought they were good, but honestly the MB is much, much better. Perhaps it's an age thing??

Last edited:
Originally posted by GrahamC230K
There is ALWAYS bigger and better.

Graham, spot on.....nice to have dreams though ;)

Must agree with Koolvins sentiments here. I test drove both C and E class before deciding on the latter. In terns of build quality there wasn't much in it, but the E had loads more room in both the back and the front (the C felt a little claustrophobic).

More than happy with what I ended up with. Having spent a journey from Warwick to Bristol on Monday in my boss' Rover 75, I can happy conclude that mine is far quieter at motorway speeds, and MUCH more comfortable in general.

My only regret is that its a tad under powered - in hindsight I'd have gone for a petrol 320 or an oil burning 320.

Did test drive a C230K though - now that was a SERIOUSLY quick car. And much more chuckable than my barge.

Horses for course though.....

Greg

Re: Re: 2001 W210 Avantgarde

Originally posted by jimmy
Your'e joking...........................................................................right?

I have had BMW's and thought they were good, but honestly the MB is much, much better. Perhaps it's an age thing??

Jimmy

I have first option on a 52 plate M3 in 2 years and 9 months (not that I'm counting :))
My brother in law bought it on a 3 year deal - and I can have it for the guaranteed buyback (balloon) price at the end of the contract.

The car is a missile - and quite well screwed together - but I'm still not sure about the overall build quality compared to my SL

I'm actually quite looking forward to owning it - despite the screams of derision and abuse that I'm likely to get from here :)

I will still swap my SL for a late model in the next couple of years!

Mark

Ive just had carte blanche over buying a new car....

Ive just gone for a 203 because i prefer driving it to the other ones and ive driven just about everything :D

202 is a fab car , you cr is great , unique in fact ..... what other 202 had sat nav like yours .:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer

what other 202 had sat nav like yours .:bannana: :bannana:

Steve's ?

and whatever car I end up buying, I have that comand and antenna to install! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom