2002 BMW 530i Sport individual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abdul

Car
C63
Hi all,

The e39's had its time with me. Time to move back to something VAG.

Spec as follows

2002 530i Individual Champagne edition - 150 of these I believe
100,500 miles
Full BMW service history - the history is very comprehensive on this car
5 or 6 previous owners (last owner had it 4 years I think)
HPI clear
MOT til April, can be renewed
Tax irrelevant under new dvla laws
Usual E39 luxuries plus the following:
Saphire black paint
Champagne heated electric leather interior
Widescreen nav (fully working navigation inc flip phone)
Electric steering column
Tailored mats with cream piping
Upgraded BM54 (standard BMW amp) with iphone and aux in connections in centre console and 2x pairs of RCA Pre outs so you can add external amplifiers should you wish
6K xenon kit
17" Style 32's with reasonable conti's on the front and near new Accelera's on the back in correct staggered size
OR
18x8.5 and 18x10 BBS RC reps, as new condition, only fitted a few months back with excellent Vredestein tires, wheels and tires alone cost 1k.
M5 extended leather centre console (not pictured)
M5 full chrome kidney grills

Fortunately the cooling system has been overhauled along with a large amount of the cars suspension over recent years thanks to the very careful previous owner. The car drives very well indeed, nice and smooth as one would expect with ample power if required. Gearbox is spot on and holds gears as you'd expect in sport.

Now the car has got the usual e39 niggles, usual bit of rust on bootlid, bit of lacquer peel on edges of front wings, parking dinks and a bit of rust on lower skirts. It has the odd small scuff on the front and rear bumpers which come with parking in london. Has the usual pixel issue on the instrument cluster too. I had a quote to rectify the paint and was quoted £600 from a good bodyshop to sort the lot except the back bumper but inc the upper portions of both rear doors.

I should mention I recently chopped out the ski hatch to add a subwoofer so there is a permanent hole there now, should be easy enough to cover with some cloth if you don't want it there.

The previous owner had a large amount of the cooling system replaced over the years along with various suspension items. From what I can gather from the reciepts the car hasn't wanted for anything. The mot isn't due until April 15, the last mot stated rear tyres were shot (these were replaced) and rear pads are low which haven't been attended to. The handbrake was also commented on as being weak but then that's common on e39's.

Having a quick glance through receipts the following has been done recently or at least since 2010

Ns front wheel hearing, Both rear arb bushes
Arb bushes were done again in 14 and the water pump and header tank
New remote key in 2011
New batt in 13
New screen in 10

The following are written by hand on random receipts and were done by the previous owners personal mechanic friend at BMW's recommendation after inspections. Essentially what the last owner did was have the services done at BMW to maintain the stamped book but had any other work done by other mechanics.

Cam cover gasket and oil top up
Head shield above exhaust
Brake fluid
Coolant
Main drive belt and ac belt
Front disks and pads
Some sort of air com work totalling
PDC sensors replaced

No dates for that lot. I still have his contact details if you wanted to have a word with him.

The pics probably make it look better then it is, it's not bad but it's a 13 year old daily driver so has the odd mark etc.

image by abdulchowdhury14, on Flickr

The car currently has a small oil leak (engine not gearbox) and one of the pdc sensors is shot meaning none of them chime. Baring this in mind if someone's willing to take it away as it is saving me the hassle I'll let it go for £3500ovno. With the oil leak rectified and pdc sorted I'd be after £2900 ovno with style 32's or £3800 ovno with bbs RC's. Can negotiate in both sets of wheels if need be. Also have some spacers I'll chuck in with the sale.

Will Px a mk5 golf or a3 or a4 avant. Cash whichever way you like.

Based in East London/Essex.

07951 EIGHT TWO ONE 404

Cheers
Abdul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom