2002 C class Can i Activate the Steering Wheel Telephone buttons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheCaptain

Car
I have a 2002 C class (W203.046) Anyone know about Activating buttons and features that may not have been included as optional extras?

I know on some cars the actual installed equipment is the same all through the range but the more expensive versions have all these extra little goodies activated. Just wondered if there is a simple way to get the phone thingy working? I mean is there already a module or a Bluetooth phone connector or something which just needs to be activated? Or is there an add on unit i need to fit somewhere?

I have an MB Star4 with DAS if that helps

Thanks

If anyone knows, Richard, Alfie and COMANDonline will know :thumb:

If anyone knows, Richard, Alfie and COMANDonline will know :thumb:
Thanks Bobby Dazler

I contacted Comandonline and they said it cant be done without buying another piece of Mercedes kit which cost around 1K ! Even then i would still need to buy a 'blutooth Cradle'

a bit toooooo expensive. Its a shame because you know the steering wheel button is connected to something otherwise yowould not get the 'not available' when you press the button. you just might have thought that whatever it is connected to could go to a simple blutooth handsfree device. Anyway given up with that now but thanks for suggesting them

What your car is missing is the Convenience Telephony Option that would have resided in the cavity under the centre armrest.

It costs ~£600 plus new centre console plus fitting.

It will provide you with the option of having a Bluetooth cradle fitted in the top part of the armrest instead of the default the Nokia connector.

If you install this then the phone buttons on the steering wheel will work.

But it's an expensive and outdated solution, a modern BT kit might not use the steering wheel button but will be much cheaper and work much better.

Last edited:
I have a 2002 C class (W203.046) Anyone know about Activating buttons and features that may not have been included as optional extras?

I know on some cars the actual installed equipment is the same all through the range but the more expensive versions have all these extra little goodies activated. Just wondered if there is a simple way to get the phone thingy working? I mean is there already a module or a Bluetooth phone connector or something which just needs to be activated? Or is there an add on unit i need to fit somewhere?

I have an MB Star4 with DAS if that helps

Thanks

If you actually have a "Star4", you must have WIS and EPC too. Please spend some time to learn the tool. Read EPC for the parts that your car has, or does not have, in addition to the steering wheel buttons (that actually work but there is nobody "listening" to the messages from the buttons).

You can read retrofit guides for hands free kits from WIS too. Explains a lot more than can be written at the forum.

I had a facelift W203 before and I installed a Parrot kit using connects2 steering wheel adaptor. Everything was plug and play and could use the steering wheel buttons to voice dial, answer and end calls. Here is a link to the product.

Steering Wheel Stalk Control Adaptor Lead CTSMC006.2 For MERCEDES C Class W203 | eBay

Good value for money and it worked faultless for the 6 years I had the car for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom