2002 C220 CDI loosing power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinbad

I have had a bit of a mare with my C220 today, I have had intermittent power loss which seems to disappear when the ignition is turned off then on again! It'll cruise along the dual carriageway at 75-80 but there is very little acceleration.
No smoke or strange noises, at the moment it's ok! How long for?? Help!!

sinbad said:
I have had a bit of a mare with my C220 today, I have had intermittent power loss which seems to disappear when the ignition is turned off then on again! It'll cruise along the dual carriageway at 75-80 but there is very little acceleration. No smoke or strange noises, at the moment it's ok! How long for?? Help!!

Limp mode .. First stop diagnostic at local garage to determine the issue

Sounds like a possible turbo issue I'm afraid

I have just gone through all this. Turbo replaced due to faulty electronic actuator as fault codes said faulty boost pressure or something like that. Couple of days later same fault appeared. Took things into my own hands from there. i firstly disconnected EGR and that ran fine. Cleaned EGR fault still there. Bought a second hand one to try out, same issue. Moved onto MAF sensor, driving with unplugged car doesn't miss a beat. Just waiting to install MAF sensor later to see if this was really the problem. (it finally arrived yesterday :) )

Issue is that MAF, EGR etc can also throw the code up for low boost pressure etc.

Thanks for all your advise guys, turns out it was the MAF sensor, replaced in about 4 mins and turns out I now own a rocket ship ! What a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom