2002 C240 No EML or ESP Dash lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harridaddi

Car
2002 C240 Elegance
Morning,

Not sure if anyone will be able to help on this but, I went to switch my ESP off last night and noticed that no light came on on the dash, then I noticed that once the ignition is on the EML light etc doesn't show either.

I plugged my code reader and found 3 logged fault codes all relating to mis-fire. I tried to clear these but they wouldn't clear nor could i get the dash EML light to show?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Many Thanks.

Right looks like the ESP lights not illuminating and the switch not working is some kind of fault but nothing is showing on the Dash........?

Stil cant work out why I have no EML light though......Can these be unplugged or disconnected somehow?

Cheers

On mine, I can more or less just pull it out. On many, you need to loosen the kick panel then reach up and push the cluster out from behind. There are special puller wires available but most do without.

Once the cluster is out enough, there are 2 electrical blocks that need to be released then its a tight squeeze past the steering wheel.

It might be worth you putting your year in your profile so that its easier for those "in the know" to assist in future :).

Last edited:
On mine, I can more or less just pull it out. On many, you need to loosen the kick panel then reach up and push the cluster out from behind. There are special puller wires available but most do without.

Once the cluster is out enough, there are 2 electrical blocks that need to be released then its a tight squeeze past the steering wheel.

It might be worth you putting your year in your profile so that its easier for those "in the know" to assist in future :).

Thanks, Will update the profile. Its a 2002 and i have just whipped the instrument cluster out and there are no bulbs, Its all LED counted a total of 3 not illuminating. There was only 1 connector plug aswell?

I have tried re setting the ESP by turning the steering to full lock but the switch still doesn't work nor do I get a light on the dash.......

Thanks for your input guys.....

really? mines a 2002 and all bulbs, until I swapped them out for LED that is.

really? mines a 2002 and all bulbs, until I swapped them out for LED that is.

Yep definately LED and the centre section is so tight I couldn't get it apart to see if there were LED's missing but it didnt look like there was.....

I am at a complete loss........ and dont know why the misfire codes wont clear........

Knew I should have taken some! Put it all back together now! Will remove it again and take some .

Best images I can get at the minute, definately LED's though I'd say....

Just at a stab in the dark here, connect up a Volt Meter to either side of the LED and turn the ignition on, you should see a voltage for a few seconds where the selftest is normally active, you can compare the readings from a known working LED.

Cant get to the relevant LED's feels like im going to break something as it wont come apart easily and didn't want to force it.........

Your engine light may have been coded out so it doesn't come on.

Your engine light may have been coded out so it doesn't come on.

Ok, that may be the problem then. Why would someone do that though? To cover up a fault?

How do I get it re coded so that it does come on? Could they have turned off the eps warning light aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom