2002 c32 driveshaft problems!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bish

Car
mercedes C32 AMG
Hey. Having a headache problem with my c32..
Rescently a driveshaft snapped i have spent all day trying to remove it from the diff but it wont come out.

Trying to find replacements near impossible as seemes there was a chassis change in 2002 some have bolt on shafts. Some just plug in shafts which are on mine.

I have a clk55 amg shaft to try when i finially get the cup out of my diff if i dont end up ruining it! Looks the same but unsure about the diff end splines. If i got the bolt onshafts with the cups that go into the diff will they fit into my diff? All this is driving me crazy i have never had issues with removing a shaft in my life along with finding parts that will fit along with a dealerahip that wont even help me regards to parts and numbers feel like giving up

W210CVAxle_zps73cfac8f.jpg~320x480

Last edited:
Perhaps he hasn't got a nice long prybar with a gorilla on the end of it like I do :)

Update.

Doesnt matter how many gorillas i had that shaft is totally jammed in the diff.. We made a huge slide hammer that fit round the shaft and it diddnt even budge it 1mm... In the end i found a new diff and shafts from someone breaking c32.

Still havent got the shaft out the diff lol even with it off. perhaps diff failed causing shaft to snap and seize in the diff somehow.

Isn't there a circlip inside the diff that needs removing first?
I seem to remember reading in the WIS that there was :)

Could be wrong of course but it would explain your difficulty.

Isn't there a circlip inside the diff that needs removing first?
I seem to remember reading in the WIS that there was :)

Could be wrong of course but it would explain your difficulty.

The type with six bolts holding the driveshaft, and a seperate flange have a clip inside the diff retaining the flange. I have done a few of these on older W202 C class. You need to remove the rear diff cover to get at the clips. I don't think the one piece drive shafts employ this type of retaining clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom