2002 ML270 CDI few problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KNU7S

Car
1991 R129 500SL Mercedes, 2002 ML270cdi, 2004 Freelander
I bought the ML over a week ago and a few niggles have become apparent.

1, The drivers side mirror glass seems tinted however there is a clear band at the top and the tinted area seems to be a liquid??? anybocy know what that is?

2, Few patches of rust which I will treat and tidy up myself

3, The ABS, ETS, BAS/ESP and EPC lights occasonaly come on, I have asumes this is the brake light switch which I have just ordered (£10)

4, When the above lights are out the ABS sometimes is over sensative.

5, Some times the traction control will come on even if I am putting away slowly.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

I bought the ML over a week ago and a few niggles have become apparent.

1, The drivers side mirror glass seems tinted however there is a clear band at the top and the tinted area seems to be a liquid??? anybocy know what that is?

2, Few patches of rust which I will treat and tidy up myself

3, The ABS, ETS, BAS/ESP and EPC lights occasonaly come on, I have asumes this is the brake light switch which I have just ordered (£10)

4, When the above lights are out the ABS sometimes is over sensative.

5, Some times the traction control will come on even if I am putting away slowly.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

1. Autodimming mirror has fluid in it, sounds like yours is leaking - straight replacement.

3. Likely suspect and worth it for a tenner.

5. Sounds linked to 4.

1. Autodimming mirror has fluid in it, sounds like yours is leaking - straight replacement. Thanks I will order a new one

3. Likely suspect and worth it for a tenner. My thaughts exactly

5. Sounds linked to 4. Im thinking it is probably a dodgy sensor or even a damaged wire what do you think?

1. Autodimming mirror has fluid in it, sounds like yours is leaking - straight replacement. Thanks I will order a new one

3. Likely suspect and worth it for a tenner. My thaughts exactly

5. Sounds linked to 4. Im thinking it is probably a dodgy sensor or even a damaged wire what do you think?

The mirror won't do any harm - watch eBay for the right one to come up - and check out the likes of euromerc (Nick) as they're pricey from MB - £330 for my C-Class!!

Give it a couple of days after replacing the switch (and clear any faults if possible) to see if it helps - all systems interlinked.

be careful with the mirror, if that fluid starts to leak out and hits the bodywork, its worse than paint stripper.

Thanks for that!!! I have located on on ebay but am wondering if i just fit a normal mirror.

Thanks for all your responses

hi mate i have the same problem.
did you find out the solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom