2002 SL500 panel removal around gearstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cardiffrob

Somebody removed the bluetooth phone unit from my car before I bought it but the snapped the lugs that hold down the rear edge of the fancy wood-effect trim panel that holds the gearstick gaiter and various switches etc between the seats. The glovebox lid keeps it in generally the right position but it is wobbly and I need to get at it anyway to replace the mirror adjusting switch (when I can find one for less than the MB price of £300!)
I haven't rummaged about too much in that area to see how the switch might come out (I have 2 broken thumbs) so would welcome any suggestion as to how it all comes apart.
How do I release the whole panel? It obviously extends quite high up past the ashtray and up to the Comand unit. What are the fixtures that I need to remove? Are there any manuals worth getting?

I also have a recon Nokia 6310i phone that doesn't f-work on this model control unit. Anyone want to trade for a Nokia 6210?:mad:

53 plate c270 CDI Cammond unit not working

Hi
Can any body help me with the command unit, it powers on "Mercedes" gets displayed on the screen and thats it nothing else works. May be a fuse or a dip switch etc ??
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom