2002 SLK 200 R170 No MOT £850 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
2002 R170 SLK 200 with the M111.958 but no MOT

88k miles at last MOT August 2019 with the following

Mercedes SLK200 'Special Edition' – Cars & Trucks – Stirling | Facebook Marketplace

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):​

• Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened all (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrule all (1.1.12 (f) (i))
  • Front Wheel bearing has slight play both (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened all (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
  • Central Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))

Seems a bit expensive at £850 or should I go and save it?

It's only a 200, it's an un galvanised R170 so could be a rust pit, I'd give it a big miss!

If it has no MoT, I'd be inclined to suspect the seller knows it won't pass, and is beyond economic repair. It's a nearly twenty-year-old two-litre with known rust issues (rear subframe, anybody?), and it's up in the Highlands where they put a lot of salt down in winter. I'd give it a miss too.

It doesn't seem special enough to warrant saving, looks to be on budget tyres which rings alarm bells for me.
As suggested I suspect the seller knows it won't pass the mot.

Makes a change from the boring silver though (ours is silver :) )

At the very least he should have put it in for an MOT and let buyers know what it failed on, unless he doesn’t want them to know !

Doesn’t look too bad from the pics imo - he’s had it 13 years which is a long time.

Doesn’t look too bad from the pics imo - he’s had it 13 years which is a long time.
Nearside front wing has rotted out. There's a large bracket under the rust area securing the leading edge of the wing to the inner wing, this has probably rusted out as well.
Spares or repair car :(

I've given it a miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom