2003 C180 Coupe audio help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakerook

Good evening folks. Looking to upgrade my factory fit stereo to enable me to use my phone etc. Is this a difficult process ? Also would it be possible to change it to a different merc one that would allow me to use the phone option that is on the steering wheel and connect with my iPhone ?

Thanks

Should have maybe added I'm a newbie. Any help is appreciated

I'm not sure but I have seem some W203 cars fitted with aftermarket head units / stereo - think you would need a facia adapter or something along those lines :dk:

To get phone accessibility you would need a phone Bluetooth unit if I'm correct and they are a bit pricey.

Comand Online are the guys to speak to. They are on this forum, try searching Comand Online (they are listed in 'member offers by traders' section in this forum.

You can also Google them

Do you actually have the phone pre-wired option? All these cars have the steering wheel buttons, along with phone buttons on the stereo, but not all have the necessary wiring in place. (Cost saving exercise by MB to fit buttons to all cars).

This is what you should have in the top of the centre armrest if you have the pre-wiring.

If you don't have this option, you would need an alternative bluetooth system such as Parrot, but I don't know if any are capable of connecting to the wheel buttons. There are lots of posts on here regarding this subject if you use the search option.

As said above, fitting alternative options is pricey, but http://www.comand.co.uk/ are the experts and can advise you what is possible.

Last edited:
Do you want to use the phone or listen to music stored on your phone? I ask because your post is titled audio help. A complaint I had with my 05 w203 was the lack of I pod / mp3 connectivity. A legacy post alerted me to the fact that the wiring was already present and I just needed a cable to connect pt no. A2035406107. Anyway £11 + £5 p&p, 30 mins for installation and hey presto I am now able to play my I pod through the stereo without the use of a temperamental FM transmitter.

I'd be happy to have the music only , for the time being with a view to a full upgrade when the finances allow. I'll look into that cable. Did you do it yourself?

Yes, I lifted the door trim, manipulated the carpet to get access to the white plug and plugged in the cable. To ensure your radio is capable press and hold the CDC button, if it says aux input active then it is good to go.

I don't think I have that option. It's the pre facelift unit thats on it. Thanks for your time.

Do you have the curly cable inside the centre arm rest that was originally for the Nokia 6310 phone?
If so, you need a Viseeo 1000 or Viseeo 3000 to have phone capability. It uses bluetooth to pair with your phone and download the contacts. You then have steering wheel controls and total hands free.

The guys to supply and assist are Comand Online in Lightwater, Surrey.
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Bluetooth/

In my 04 reg E55 I have an aux socket in the top centre of the glovebox where I can plug in my phone with a 3.5mm jackplug and that plays all my music. You may have the same aux socket.

I'll have a root around tomorrow, I'm fairly sure I don't have that

No cables or connection in glovebox or arm rest. Got a quote from the command guys. A bit of a stretch right now so best get saving !

Google 'in phase btgo'
Might save you a bob or two.

Looked at that , doesn't look too great. Thanks though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom