2003 C200K battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car went for MOT last week. The garage pointed out that the battery wasn't just missing its clamp, as I thought, but the clamp was there, but the RAC battery was 3" too short to be held in place by the clamp.

By this time I'd sent and received a dozen emails to/from the RAC about both the batteries they'd fitted, only to be offered 40% off one of them, which I'd didn't accept. Now armed with the info that both batteries were physically too small, and were an MOT failure, I quoted the Sale of Goods Act and "not suitable for purpose". Whereas previous emails had taken ten days to get a response, the RAC replied to this one within 24 hours. Full refund for both batteries, and £50 on top for my inconvenience!. The cheque arrived today. Yay!

The garage also reset the auto box, which seems to have sorted some of the low speed jerkiness. And stopped the squeaks from the rear suspension, and mended the parking sensors and the headlamp washers. £117 inc MOT. I think I'll be using them again. Gary Warburton in Fleetwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom