2003 CLK C209 Car not starting Clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deltashad

Car
W209
Hi all

The problems are mounting up and it's time to get them sorted.
One of the main problems is the car not starting. The battery is fine, the starter and alternator are fine.

I try to turn the ignition on and I get a clicking noise, like there's not enough juice to turn the starter, but the all the starting ancillaries are in good order.
This has happened three times now. If I leave it alone for a while and try again it works.... Strange.

I'm afraid that there'll come a time the misses is using it and this will happen and it wont start at all. Any ideas?

I had something similar on my CLK500 a few months ago but once it happened it didn't recover after a period of time and it was down to the battery failing and not having enough omph to crank the engine. How old is your battery?

It may be worth while having a load test carried out on your battery. It sounds like your battery does not have the oomph under load. Or get a friend to put a meter on while you try and crank the engine and see what the drop is. It may well be that you have a dodgy battery or possible poor earth connection.

Father in Laws A-Class did exactly as you describe. Local Indie put on a load tester and discovered that the battery was not delivering enough oomph to turn the car over. Replaced battery problem never returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom