2003 CLK right break light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

birder-uk

Car
240 clk
Hi Guys. Can someone possibly help me with this one.
I slammed my boot lid yesterday, fault on the dash, right breaklight. Ive changed the bulb, but still no joy. There doesnt seem to be any power at the light cluster or even the plug. the bootlid light and left breaklight are fine

You probably have a broken wire. Take a look behind the plastic covering on the rear boot hinges. IIRC the lighting harness runs down the left hinge.

You probably have a broken wire. Take a look behind the plastic covering on the rear boot hinges. IIRC the lighting harness runs down the left hinge.

Ah right...thank you so much for the reply, I'll check this out tomorrow

Check the actual connector on the bottom of the light cluster in the first instance.

Does the indicator/tail light work?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything else is working, it's just the right breaklight not working. There doesn't seem to be any power from the connector on the light cluster.

+1 for broken cable around the boot hinge area

Well guys. I'm not sure how we fixed this problem. We checked all the loom, seemed fine. Replaced tail light, and break light bulbs, and now it's all working.fingers crossed it stays that way. Thanks to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom