2003 CLK55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSinghMerc

Car
class w202 230 K
Dear Like minded colleagues

I have just purchased my first CLK55 AMG 2003 and require some help

I have some questions

where can I purchase reliable
engine mounts, Track Rod and Track Rod End? europarts? or??

also will the standard w208 clk doors fit my clk55 amg?

where shall i purchase my service kits from?

I also need a front AMG bumper

thank you

Congratulations on your purchase. Eurocarparts is a good starting place for serviceable items. I would suggest Lemforder brand, which is oem, made in Germany. MB dealership will also have these service components.

Just my tupence worth, whilst doing the engine mounts, maybe consider the transmission mount at the same time?

As you have clk55 '03, there is also an option to upgrade to amg black series DTM engine and transmission mounts. Its a little expensive though and could be on back order.

Item wise, 2X engines mounts and 1X transmission mount. The engine mounts are non sided parts, left side fits right side. 👍 20220118_134506.jpg20220118_135604.jpg
For info.
The part numbers for black series are

BS engine mount from MB
A 240 240 08 17

BS transmission mount from MB
A 171 240 01 18

Again, filters, antifreeze, engine oil is available at Eurocarparts but please check fluid specification for your vehicle and type in your VRM on their website which should pull up a list of service parts👍20220118_135555.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you badge, can I not just use the mounts from Europe carports??

Also, what about the alarm, is there a alarm on my car apart from the central locking????

Yep you certainly can do, just make sure it's Lemforder brand, which is oem for MB.

Sorry can't 😞 help advise on alarm. Not my specialicisty.

Thank you badge, I should mention that it's a clk55 amg w208 2003 registered, but built.in 2002. Would your engine mount comments still be warrant now that I have mentioned w208?

Sure absolutely fine with stock oil filled mounts from eurocarparts. Lemforder brand if you can or MB dealer 👍

Hello Badgx, I have today attached my attendance maximizer elite diagnostic to the port and it says no system diagnosis, it.licks up the vin number of the car, please photos, can you help???

Attachments

• 20220206_174107.jpg
    20220206_174107.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220206_174102.jpg
    20220206_174102.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 6
Sorry friend, what I meant by, VRM = vehicle registration mark. That is the car registration number plate at the front or rear of the car. If you type in the registration number onto the website link below into the yellow 'your reg box', it should populate available parts for your car. 👍

Try Autodoc as well as ECP

I've not heard of Hutchinson or Starline? So can't comment on quality. These are unknown brands to me, not something I would use. Try Autodoc as suggested. If they don't do Lemforder, then I reckon a visit to the dealership might be best course of action with original parts. 👍

thank you Badgx and W1ghty, ECP do not do Lemforder only Hutchinson or Starline, i will get the latest cost from merc thanks you

I will report back soon...

Dear Team, i wante dto say thank to all for your help, i have the mounts in and it has removed that Nosie when you go over the humps

Your welcome buddy 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom