2003 Command unit TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

antonylj

Car
C200K Estate - w203 2003
Hi all,

It bugs me a little to have things which just dont work the way they should. On my list of To-Do's, is the TV button on my navigation unit. It does not do anything...
ui am assuming this is because I am missing the TV box which should be found in the boot. It's not there. C220K Estate 2003.
However, looking to get this working, Googling the problem, I am led to believe I need the TV box of which there are a few on the 'Bay for approx £100. Now.... These are all set to receive an analogue signal, of which is now not being broadcast.
So is this box a pointless purchase, and what options do I have to enable TV on my unit?

thanks

First thing is to determine if the car had TV fitted at the factory. If so, you could buy an analogue TV tuner and then attach a digital tuner to it. This will help: COMAND Digital TV conversion - no rca connector - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

However, if a TV tuner wasn't factory fitted, in addition to the above, you'd need to add a new MB wiring loom from the COMAND head to the boot, install suitable aerials/amps and get it all configured on STAR. It's a fairly big job.

where would the tv tuner box be in a 2003 estate? i would like to check for cables etc... thanks

I think you'd have to ask yourself how often you'd actually use it before you undertook the retrofit as you'll have to get it up and running and converted to DVB.

I can't understand TV in cars. Unless you spend time in it when it's parked you can't use it (so... Chauffeurs, gophers, cops on stake outs? :D) and you can get all the personal TV you need on your mobile phone these days.

where would the tv tuner box be in a 2003 estate? i would like to check for cables etc... thanks

Sorry, can't help with that.

I think you'd have to ask yourself how often you'd actually use it

I seldom use mine for watching TV. Even if you live in a strong TV signal area, as I do, the picture/sound will often break up.

I fitted it mainly because my car doesn't have an MP3 connection of any kind but the digital TV tuner has an SD card onto which I've put 32GB of music and music videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom