2003 E240 W211 - Noise Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newbie10

Car
E240
Hello everyone,

I own a 2003 E240 W211 and currently experiencing and issue which I am hoping that I could get some help on.

Every time I turn the ignition off there is a noise that seems to come from around the back of the radio which lasts for about a second. I have tried resetting the radio by taking off the radio fuse and the noise still occurs. I have also tried taking the 6 CD Changer fuse out, when I took both the radio and cd changer fuses out the noise went away.

Any ideas on were the problem could be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Describe the noise, please.
It could be any number of things and probably meant to happen.

Welcome to the forum.

Has it always done it?

If it is the noise I think it is, my previous W211 did it every time too.

Sounded like an electric motor operating.

Now I think of it, I have no idea what it was but it sounded "normal".

Is the aircon switched on? I sometimes get a noise after switching off the Ign. I've had it on a few cars most notably Vx Omegas. Never given it much thought really. Its like systems shutting down.

I have just driven it again without both fuses in and the noise came again so it cant be anything to do with that.

It never before used to come before but after I connected the MB Star Diagnostic software that I got from eBay, seemed to happen be since then.

I don't really no how to describe the noise to be honest. Is there a way to attach the noise on this forumn?

Is the aircon switched on? I sometimes get a noise after switching off the Ign. I've had it on a few cars most notably Vx Omegas. Never given it much thought really. Its like systems shutting down.

It happens when the climate control is on or off, but only after the ignition is turned off.

You would need to record the sound. Save the sound file and compress it. Then upload it in ZIP format.

It would be easier to record a video of it and upload it to YouTube.

Then link to that in here.

Hmm, sorry, that's not the noise I was thinking of (which I think happens when you take the ignition out and sounds motorised and is probably something do with the ignition).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom