2003 E320 CDI - Extremely high spec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Car
Mercedes E350 AvantGarde 2005
Due to a temporary cashflow issue, I may have to consider selling my E320. It would be an extremely reluctant sale, since the car is incredible and I love it.

Specification is the highest I've ever seen (and I've had several Range Rover Supercharged).

It boasts at least £13k worth of extras including:

Full Nappa leather
Four zone climate control
Command
Rear DVD with wireless headphones (not used or tested, but seems to be working).
Full keyless entry/ start
Electronic tailgate with remote opening
Load area electric extending platform
Airtronic

Probably a lot I've missed, but apart from the above, it's Elegance spec, which is of course already pretty nice.

It has £190k miles, but with an excellent service history. As a car covering a lot of miles it was serviced extremely well, and drives much better than many much lower mileage/ more recent versions.

Most of the usual issues have already been sorted (SBC, turbo, air compressor etc). It will have a new suspension strut next week, and has had a full service this year, along with new wheels (16'' rims from a much newer model, with excellent Michelin Alpin winter tyres), full alignment, and new thermostat.

I would be looking for around £3,500, or make me an offer. I'll get photo's tomorrow. I'm ill prepared, since I had no intention whatsoever to sell it, but needs must!

Suspension now working perfectly. What a revelation! Correction to above, not sure if it's Comand. CD based natigation with small screen.

I just valeted it, and it made me realise what a wonderful car it is. For a 13 year old car, the only faults I could find:

1. Keyless entry only works on drivers door.
2. Scratch on rear nearside wing
3. Tiny area of rust on tailgate (less than area of a 1/2 pence piece.
4. Needs Cd for navigation system (f you're crazy enough to want to use a 13 year old navigation system rather than a Tomtom.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that it has a Viseoo bluetooth unit installed. Oh, and the load securing rails, along with the kit, installed in the boot.

Thanks for the messages guys, and hope you received the photos. I've just been going through the service history, and it's pretty much as good as the spec.

So just now, it's had a new NSF suspension strut. Within the last couple of years, it's also had the OSF (done Feb '15), plus the compressor, and module were replaced in July 2010. In addition, it's also had the SBC unit replaced (cost of £698 plus VAT) in Jan '13,

Torque convertor was replaced in Dec '12, at 144k, obviously with full gearbox flush and filters.

bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9857-img-0872.jpg

bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9858-img-0873.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9859-img-0874.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9860-img-0875.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9861-img-0876.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9862-img-0878.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9863-img-0880.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9864-img-0895.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9865-img-0899.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9866-show-scratch-rear-nearside-wing.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9867-img-0904.jpg
bozmandb9-albums-320-cdi-picture9868-load-securing-kit-boot.jpg

Please note, having reviewed the service history, valeted the car, and just spent out on the suspension repairs, I've decided I won't be looking at offers. If somebody comes along with £3,500, I'll VERY reluctantly let them buy it.

For this money it's stupidly good value. You won't find another S211 like it, with the spec, service history, and overall condition, for anywhere near this money.

Since post above, it's had a new turbo (remanufactured original Garrett), and a new Bosch battery.

Find a better car for the money!

Still available, relisted on e-bay due to winning bidder failing to complete (or even show up!).

It closed at £3,150, so I will accept that from a forum member, otherwise I'll let the auction run, and expect it to get, or exceed that figure. It did prove very popular last time round, despite a mistake in the listing, which would have vastly reduced the visibility (typo, put 350 instead of 320).

Reduced to £2850 ono, for very quick sale, or it will be px'd on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom