2003 E320 expert required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rossberg

Car
Mercedes Benz E320
Please help!
Hi, I am new to this and I am looking for advice on an issue with my car.
I have a 2003 Mercedes E320 cdi Aventgarde. It is a saloon W211. (NOT V6 version)
The problem;
The issue I am having its that the transmission seems to change up gear far sooner than it should.
Pulling away in 1st gear seems fine, then 2nd also seems ok but then it changes up to 3, 4th and 5th far too soon. No matter what pressure I apply to the accelerator it seems like there is no power. It will be in 5th gear before I get to 50mph. The 'kickdown' feature is also not working.
All the gears are there and you can go through the gears by flicking the gear stick left or right when/if I need to.
I have owned the car for a few years now and this issue is intermittent. However I wound say for 90% of the time I have this issue. The odd occasion the car works 'properly' it is fantastic and revs to or past 4000 revs and is a rocket.

I hope this message and description makes sense to someone and if you have any suggestions or ideas this will be really appreciated. If you need any more information that I may be missing to help with a diagnosis then just ask.

Thank you for reading this

Your engine is in limp mode. You need to get the car to someone with a decent code reader and check for fault codes. It’s unlikely it’s anything to do with the gearbox at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom