2003 R170 2.3 Kompressor Radio Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLKLad94

Car
SLK 2.3 Kompressor R170
Hello all,
My first post on the forum and hoping there's a few geniuses (Genii?) on here who can give me some info.
I'm hoping to upgrade the Audio 10 CD radio in my 03 SLK 2.3 Kompressor.
Its my first car and I'm totally in love with it, but it really would make life a little easier if I could upgrade the stereo to something with Bluetooth.

I know of course that there are kits you can get that fit your cigarette lighter etc. but with how little I'm actually getting chance to drive (a little over 400 miles in the year I've had it!) I have a feeling that may drain the battery if out of use.

I'd also like to keep everything original if possible and avoid an aftermarket radio - I have less than NO idea which aftermarket brands are reliable etc.
Do MB make a stereo that would fit and do the job?
Many thanks in advance all 😁😁😁

Hello all,
My first post on the forum and hoping there's a few geniuses (Genii?) on here who can give me some info.
I'm hoping to upgrade the Audio 10 CD radio in my 03 SLK 2.3 Kompressor.
Its my first car and I'm totally in love with it, but it really would make life a little easier if I could upgrade the stereo to something with Bluetooth.

I know of course that there are kits you can get that fit your cigarette lighter etc. but with how little I'm actually getting chance to drive (a little over 400 miles in the year I've had it!) I have a feeling that may drain the battery if out of use.

I'd also like to keep everything original if possible and avoid an aftermarket radio - I have less than NO idea which aftermarket brands are reliable etc.
Do MB make a stereo that would fit and do the job?
Many thanks in advance all 😁😁😁
It’s a standard, single DIN unit. You won’t find a Mercedes replacement with Bluetooth but there are lots of good quality aftermarket options. I fitted a Kenwood with Bluetooth about seven years ago to our car (same model as yours) and have never had a problem with battery drain.

No Mercedes single DIN unit from that time will fit, however many more recent units have the capability you’re looking for. Not sure why I bothered as I can’t hear the dammed thing over the exhaust. It needs a radio adapter (from Halfords for £4)

CCD78100-9275-4674-8BD0-2358485C4479.jpeg

Brilliant thanks for your answers both 😁😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom