2003 S210 Remove Comand. Single Din DAB Radio Advice. Centre Console Advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I have decided to do away with the double din command in my S210. The MW signal is hopeless at best and the CD changer has developed a fault - common in the 210's I have owned.

So, can anyone recommend a single din DAB radio that has at least one USB port.

Also, when I remove the double din unit, I will require the storage bin below to fill the void, but I'm not sure whether I need the storage bin alone of the whole surround facia.

Storage Bin - LINK.

Whole Surround Facia - LINK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Paul.

You need the whole surround as the bin is repositioned.

Not in the Merc, but I recently replaced a factory stereo with a Pioneer DEH-X8700DAB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PA27KR4/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I paid around £150 at the time so shop around but it has DAB+, rear USB (with extension), handsfree built in and still loads CDs!

Very pleased with it.

Thanks, Bob.

The Pioneer looks just the sort of thing I had in mind.
I will have to search for a whole surround with identical 6 top row switch cut-outs because I have heated seats.

The other option is a double din unit, which will probably work our more expensive to get similar sound quality etc.

Pioneer DEH-X8700DAB is currently for sale at Halfords for £129 which is a bonus.

Paul,

I may be able to help.

There is, of course, a catch. I need to work out the code for the radio before I can remove the panel. The dealer can't help me. There is no radio registered to my chassis number!

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_31251.jpg
    IMG_20170419_31251.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
Paul,

I may be able to help.

There is, of course, a catch. I need to work out the code for the radio before I can remove the panel. The dealer can't help me. There is no radio registered to my chassis number!

Andy

Try

www.radio-code.lt

Do you have climate (digital) control or manual knobs?

If climate, it is correct. If not, then you need a different one

Manual control knobs.

Good spot, Batperson. :thumb:

Paul,

I may be able to help.

Andy

Any luck with the radio code, Andy?

You need THIS but in the correct colour

EDIT: It's still incorrect as the headrest button is for saloons. I guess you can swap them over though

s-l1600.jpg

That's the one, plus I need the storage bin below that. :thumb:

I can swap the buttons over if I need to.

Radio code sorted ( eventually). The paper sticker on the side of the radio has been defaced so that it wasn't possible to work out the correct serial number of the radio first time.
Need to work out how to remove the facia next. Is it simply the two screws you can see with the radio removed?

Radio code sorted ( eventually). The paper sticker on the side of the radio has been defaced so that it wasn't possible to work out the correct serial number of the radio first time.
Need to work out how to remove the facia next. Is it simply the two screws you can see with the radio removed?

This might help, Andy.

[YOUTUBE]uV7JK3JP-jQ[/YOUTUBE]

This might help, Andy.

[YOUTUBE]uV7JK3JP-jQ[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7JK3JP-jQ

Many thanks for the replies to this thread. :thumb:

A special thanks to Andy C who posted out the parts I needed. Very much appreciated, Andy. Many thanks indeed. :thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom