2003 S211 Front Anti Roll Bar Drop Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ksareen

Car
Mercedes E220 Estate Avantgarde
Hi, I've a 2003 S211 E220 CDI estate with plenty of miles.

For the last few months, I am getting a minor knock at low speed only coming from the front. I've had the car inspected many times and have replaced inner + outer track rod ends and upper ball joints (MOT advisory). It gets slightly better only for the same knock to come back again after a few days.

Now another mechanic advises its the drop ends of anti roll bar (pic attached). They seem very tight to me but he said they always seem tight when the car is on a ramp and give a "bell" type knock with a metal piece rattling (twice) between 2 metal pieces. He has advised me to change both.

When I looked to buy, I cannot see the rubber bushes on one end with the new ones:
2x FRONT STABILISER ANTI-ROLL BAR DROP LINK MERCEDES BENZ E-CLASS W211 S211 | eBay
My questions are:
1. Do the bushes come with the new drop links?
2. If they don't, can I just buy the bushes only and replace them in my current drop arms?

Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
20141115_162144.jpg
[/url]
fotos hochladen[/IMG]

Yes, if you compare this with the image from my car, there is a black rubber bush missing from the bottom end. Does that come separate?

Do you think I should replace the bushes only first if that makes sense?

scrubb what ive said, its a small Ball joint available separate, just relised that's the ;lower front arm you've pictured

The Febi part number for the Ball joint 27066 x2 Mb ref 211 323 00 68 S1

Last edited:
Isn't there a black bush between the nut holding the stabiliser arm and the lower front arm?

Isn't there a black bush between the nut holding the stabiliser arm and the lower front arm?

Nope that the End of the inner Ball joint with the nut attached, then the B/joints rubber boot, the rest of the Ball joint is press fitted into the lower arm;)

Thanks for clarifying.

Never ever changed the links, the ball joints fail and are best replaced with complete arm as the can come out.

No the ball joint that attaches to the link you listed, as I said you would be better replacing the whole arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom