2003 SL500 R230 - Great condition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
Unfortunately, due to a change in personal circumstances, my very much loved R230 SL500 must be sold.

It has recently had a VAST amount of work done to it, but will list the photos first then the details. (click the photos for larger versions).

Photos

Details

The car has done 98,000 miles and ALL the common SL problems either addressed in advance, or fixed.

The specification of this car is as follows:

• Tellurite Silver
  • Parktronic
  • Comand
  • ABC
  • Folding mirrors
  • CD Changer
  • Heated Seats
  • Keyless GO
  • Exclusive leather (dash and doorcards)

The list of recent (past 6 months) work carried on the car is as follows:
  • Both rear arches rust repaired and Dynamaxed. No rust here!
  • PSE Pump replaced and DRY
  • Full engine service including plugs, filters, and all front pulleys
  • ABC Fluid flush and filter
  • New rear battery (VARTA)
  • IO play Bluetooth handsfree and IPOD control
  • Wiper blades

In my opinion this is one well sorted SL500 that needs nearly nothing. Granted it isn't loaded up with toys, but all the common SL problems have been attacked, including:

• Battery Drain - this car has none! It can be left parked for at least 2 weeks without seeing convenience functions message.
  • Roof leaks/boot leaks - All bone dry including the Roof pump and PSE pump.
  • PSE pump failure - New PSE pump fitted in the last 6 months meaning this wont be future problem.
  • Tank Baffles - These have been fixed and are silent.

The car has been 3 stage polished and sealed, with a layer of Collinite 476 over the top, it scrubs up well!

It has MOT until March 2016 and does not require a service for another 10,000 miles. All the paperwork for the above mentioned work will be included, in addition to SOME past service history before I bought the vehicle (includes a receipt for new ABC strut!)

I have decided to offer the car up here before listing on Autotrader Etc.

It is located in Leatherhead and I am happy to allow test drives etc with proper paperwork. Asking £7,450 ono

Forgot to mention, the private number plate is included in the sale.

Blimey, just realised, missed out a load of photos!!

Just realised I have full service history! Was mixing up the service book from another car. One to add to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom