2003 w203 1.8 kompressor grinding noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chevelle

Car
mercedes ml 320
Hello just wondered weather anyone could give me an idea of what has gone wrong with the wifes 2003 1.8 kompressor when i start it and give it any revs it makes a noise from the top end like gears grateing and runns rough but after a minute it runns ok but if driven it waites till youve done about 10 miles then you cant rev it or it makes the grinding noise again and odb says misfire on 1&3 and fuel trim lean but i think the pipe between the airbox and supercharger needs replaceing so put these faults down to this ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE MUTCH APRECIATED AS MERCEDS QUOTED ME £450 TO CHANGE THE PIPE UNDER THE AIRBOX ,Thanks John paul:wallbash:

Where in the UK are you based?

For this hose i have seen charges of £40 up to £200 in dealerships over here in Greece! I wonder why there are such differences among authorized service points!

Ime in manchester city centre near the mercedes dealership

swap the coils around to see if it goes with it.if yes then new coils.that gives you erratic rpm and vibrating car.check for cracks on coil housing

swap the coils around to see if it goes with it.if yes then new coils.that gives you erratic rpm and vibrating car.check for cracks on coil housing
Hello thanks for the advice changed the coil packs and still doing the same thing any other thoughts to what it could be ,Thanks John paul

Do a compression test and compare values.

stardiag would be my next option.

Star is very very good but does not have the ability to point out mechanical faults which I think this engine is suffering with. It will need to be plugged on eventually though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom