2003 W203 Coupe Auto dipping wing mirror

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by charliewade, Nov 24, 2013.

1. charliewade

charliewade Member

Car:
    2003 C200k Coupe
    Hello everyone well ive retrofitted the self dipping rear mirror which works a dream, now ive fitted a new drivers mirror assembly complete with wiring for the dipping side mirror, ive fitted the mirror unit and this all works e.g its heated and the folding mirror and indicators work fine but the dipping element doesnt which is a pain do i need it coded or do I have a duff mirror element ???

2. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    Possibly the DCM (door control module) needs coding.

The OCP will probably need coding too. This will make the mirror "undip" when you select reverse for instance.

Richard

3. OP
    OP
    charliewade

charliewade Member

Car:
    2003 C200k Coupe
    Hmmmmmm coding the bane of a Mercedes owner lol need to get the comand head unit coded up too need someone in gloucestershire who can do it, id go to my local stealer but they don't inspire me if im honest :doh:

4. OP
    OP
    charliewade

charliewade Member

Car:
    2003 C200k Coupe
    Update bought a new mirror fitted it and it dipping automatically and undips when selecting reverse so no coding required happy days the one i had before I bought from ebay as used the heated element worked ok but the dipping bit didnt so there you go buy a new one and its a breeze well almost you need a folding mirror case with wiring for self dipping mirror a mirror
    Hope that helps others :banana:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013