2003 W209 Central AC Vent Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2003clk240

Car
Clk240
Hi.

Does anyone know how to properly clean the central AC vent cover in a 2003 CLK (W209)? It seems to be made of a rubbery material that grabs the fibers of anything you try to clean it with. The more I try to clean it the dirtier it becomes.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Central-AC-Vent-Cover.jpg
    Central-AC-Vent-Cover.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 22
I think the previous owner of mine used make-up brushes to clean the vents; maybe that would work for you?

I think the previous owner of mine used make-up brushes to clean the vents; maybe that would work for you?

It's not the vents, it's the centre section which seems to have some sort of coating which everything sticks to & marks.

I have the same issue, contemplating whether it is just contaminated or whether it is the coating itself, too scared to try a bit of aggressive wiping just in case the coating will start coming off.

May be worthwhile getting a second hand part for cheap and trying various cleaning methods on that...

I'll have to take another look at mine; can't say I've noticed it.

So it's the section in the middle, where you operate the opening/closing of the vents. Will be interesting to see if yours doesn't have anything sticking to it (which would probably mean that it's clean and ours are dirty :D)

Following. I have the same.
I looked for covers on ebay to match the aluminium trim but never found anything.

Thanks for all replies. :thumb: It seems this is a common issue. I'll have a look at that gooey stuff suggestion.

Interesting.

Can't say I've ever noticed any issues with dusting this area.

I'll have a closer look when I'm next in the garage.

Initial thoughts are that some sort of cleaning/ polishing agent has been used on it and has left a residue on the surface, thus collecting dust and grime.

No problem with mine, a dry duster takes any dust of it and leaves it spotless.

Russ

As Pobody said just use a normal cloth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom