2003 W220 S320 SAM/Fusebox Issues!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jogz

Car
'03 Mercedes S320 CDI (W220)
Hi members,

I was having the usual SAM problems.. ESP/BAS/ABS lights, gears intermittently not changing until stopping and restarting engine, silent alarm/indicator lights flashing upon locking, headlight washer not working..

I had a SAM go dodgy on me in an old W203 C220 I had and some contact cleaner and a day spent dismantling, cleaning and refitting in the sun worked last time round but not this time. Where as the above faults were intermittent before, they seem to be constant now having refitted everything..!

I removed and replaced all connectors, fuses and relays and found a bit of water ingress on one of the connectors, which I cleaned up, did the usual turn steering full lock right, left then right again.. reset windows and sunroof.. should I have done anything else?

My ESP/BAS/ABS lights now show 'display' errors and the car only drives in first gear. Does this need to go on STAR for a reset or does it mean I've fried something.. if so, will STAR be able to tell me exactly where the issue is?

Lastly if anyone can recommend a decent indie near Milton Keynes or Birmingham (where I work) with a STAR and who knows how to use it, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance..

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom