2004 (54 reg) W211 E55 Oil cooler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Is this likely to be below my radiator? I want to fit a larger Heat Exchanger but I have read that some cars have the oil cooler in the way?

Thanks.

yes it will be under the current HE

I had the brackets drilled out the old one and riveted into my new HE CAREFULLY!

it may cause a slight bulge on the E55 bumper, E63 bumper fit snugly under

Ah poo sticks. The HE I am looking at fitting is huge (same as Gav's) which could be an issue.. I may not bother with the larger HE at this rate..

I just went for the EC one, it was a good size

it may cause a slight bulge on the E55 bumper, E63 bumper fit snugly under

The reason I have an E63 bumper on mine. More room for... stuff. ;)

I can't justify £600 on a bumper sadly :(

If you can get an OEM 63 bumper fitted and painted for £600 that would be a bargain - all inner parts, bracketry, impact absorbers, radiator grille and even undertray are different and alone cost more than that to buy.

Provided we're talking about an OE bumper and not a replica like on Alps's old car. :eek:

:D

If you can get an OEM 63 bumper fitted and painted for £600 that would be a bargain - all inner parts, bracketry, impact absorbers, radiator grille and even undertray are different and alone cost more than that to buy.

Provided we're talking about an OE bumper and not a replica like on Alps's old car. :eek:

:D

LOL

I definitely cannot justify it then. Well that is £200 saved at least for the HE.

LOL

I definitely cannot justify it then. Well that is £200 saved at least for the HE.

You're doing the right thing. Guess what, I don't even like the 63 bumper that much. Only fitted it out of necessity.

You're doing the right thing. Guess what, I don't even like the 63 bumper that much. Only fitted it out of necessity.

I actually like it, but tbh I don't think I need the HE in the grand scheme of things. I have 522bhp, I should be happy at that. I could get back the missing 28bhp, but I could also not get back the 28bhp with a HE, so I'm just gonna stay put. I'm gonna make some changes to the car still, but cosmetic ones. I'll save my money for my next car (either E63 BiTurbo, F10 M5 or possible S/C VXR8).

Out of interest. Would the facelift sport bumper give enough clearance?

Don't do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom