2004 C180K Coupe Coolant Loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
My Coupe daily snail uses water, its done 56k miles and freshly serviced 2 months ago.... no visible leaks and no oil in water.

I can regularly sit in London traffic, recently on Friday for 2 hours slow traffic... and i can smell coolant... the gauge never rises and i have only had the "add coolant" message on the dash once as i'm over cautious and always check the water.

I've read on here and the web that the expansion cap could be the culprit, so I have one coming next week... anything else to look at?

Have the cooling system pressure tested if it continues to lose coolant.

My Coupe daily snail uses water, its done 56k miles and freshly serviced 2 months ago.... no visible leaks and no oil in water.

I can regularly sit in London traffic, recently on Friday for 2 hours slow traffic... and i can smell coolant... the gauge never rises and i have only had the "add coolant" message on the dash once as i'm over cautious and always check the water.

I've read on here and the web that the expansion cap could be the culprit, so I have one coming next week... anything else to look at?

My expansion tank had blistered. Used to need top up every so often. Terry changed the expansion tank and all was good :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom