2004 CLK55 AMG - Risk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drivebyabuser

Car
MY2013 C207 250 CGI
Is it a real risk to buy a pre 2005 facelift CLK55 Amg
Seen a nice 2004 one for good money, all the toys etc. I know they were greatly improves post facelift but how bad were they pre?

Latest Used Cars For Sale in Chandlers Lane, Chandlerscroft - Exoticar GB Ltd

I am struggling to sell my W203 so I am looking to part ex it for something with some "legs" and these seem so much better value than an M3 or an early 996

unless anyone wants it?

Mercedes : **W203 Mercedes C Class Avantgarde SE C200 komp Estate 2004 Tip Auto**

Well I have had my July 2003 registered CLK55 AMG from new and haven't had any serious problems with it in 80000 odd miles. A misfire was sorted in 2004 and it had a new torque converter last year - but other than that much of the work has been at my instigation.

Great car - although the advert says it has all the toys it doesn't look like its got distronic. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Great car. We have done some bits on Peters ^^ CLK55 and we look after a few of them. Very reliable car.

Great car - although the advert says it has all the toys it doesn't look like its got distronic. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

sorry distronic?

Adavanced type of cruise control(maintains/measures distance of cars in front)

The driver's seat bolster looks as though it might have some wear on it - and overall it doesn't look like it's had a thorough valet. The photos may have been taken when it came in, however, so maybe I'm being overly critical. But bear in mind cars generally look better in photos than they present in real life..

Speaking as a fellow 55 owner I'm glad to hear the comments about reliability, although as engines go they are pretty unstressed - let's face it, 65 BHP/litre is nothing these days. And as our American cousins say, "there ain't no replacement for displacement"..

Cheers,

Gaz

i had a look yesterday - it does look nice although it has had 5(!) owners. Any one know when they facelifted the interior?

IMHO I wouldn't focus on the number of owners. It's too hard to second guess why someone buy/sells a car. I typically change cars every 9-12months. Not because the cars have faults, but I become bored or my circumstances change. Stick to buying on condition.

IMHO I wouldn't focus on the number of owners. It's too hard to second guess why someone buy/sells a car. I typically change cars every 9-12months. Not because the cars have faults, but I become bored or my circumstances change. Stick to buying on condition.
As above remember there are 2 ways of looking at multi owner cars,firstly it could be the car has underlying problems(check history?repairs carefully)so gets moved on quickly,secondly it could be that each new owner spends money getting any problems rectified,gets bored with the car then moves on so you could buy a car that has no problems/has been well maintained,good luck.

I think number of owners is a total red herring, particularly with AMGs. Buy such cars on condition and history, not no. of owners and to a point, mileage.

Is it a real risk to buy a pre 2005 facelift CLK55 Amg
Seen a nice 2004 one for good money, all the toys etc. I know they were greatly improves post facelift but how bad were they pre?

Latest Used Cars For Sale in Chandlers Lane, Chandlerscroft - Exoticar GB Ltd

I am struggling to sell my W203 so I am looking to part ex it for something with some "legs" and these seem so much better value than an M3 or an early 996

unless anyone wants it?

Mercedes : **W203 Mercedes C Class Avantgarde SE C200 komp Estate 2004 Tip Auto**

Good cars the CLK55 2003+ and you can do a lot to them like I have!

HI all....new here .....joined just to ask you peeps about CLK 55 AMG ownership after seeing an ad for this very car!! .....obv its been on this dealers forecourt for a while .....is that good / bad ? ...or just an indication of the mkt?.....also any advice on the pre facelifted 55 amg would be greatfully recieved

and did anyone actually view this car?...and if so what was the impression?

snaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom