2004 e320cdi comand dvd failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sambrocet

Car
Mercedes E320CDi
I'm hoping somebody can give me some help here. I've tried to eject the disc from the Comand drive in the boot (NTG1 original disc apparently) to replace with a newer version but nothing happens. No nice whirring noises and disc still in drive. The MAP function now doesn't show any maps (which it did before) but the NAV function still seems OK although also doesn't show any route maps, just gives audio directions so I've obviously messed something up. Is there a specific fuse I could check (can't find a fuse map either)? Thanks......

Could try disconnecting the cables from the nav drive and plugging back in to reset.

www.mercupgrades.com has a guide on how to get to remove the unit.

Does the little amber light surrounding the eject button flash when you press it?

Is it an estate or saloon? Very easy to remove the unit on the estate; just push the locking tabs in on either side and slide it out. (Would expect it to be very similar on the saloon.)

Hi. I've just had a better look and it seems to have power and the amber lights flash when the eject button is pressed (and there is some whirring). I think it's maybe half-ejected the disc as the head unit reports that there isn't a disc in the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom