2004 E55 Disc/Pads??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
evening all, I need new discs n pads all round for my E55, My first question is:
1. Are these Brembos??
2. Are the brembos from Eurocarparts the same ones as original merc ones without the merc stamp?
3. Are there aftermarket ones I can buy that are better than the OEM ones?
4. Which are the best performance pads I can buy? (Or are the OEM ones good enough).
Any help please

Unless you are going to track the car, the OE parts will be perfectly balanced for normal driving.
Aftermarket pads even from the OEM will not be the same as OE, as the spec will be MB specific. That's not to say aftermarket pads are inferior, just not the same as MB

Of you want OE there are a couple of MB dealers in eBay who give good discounts. Southend is one im sure others will know if more dealers

Newcastle MB as well....

I bought the brembos with pagid pads for fronts, no squeal, although I heard the pads may need some coaxing in :)

Haven't bought OE pads for nearly 20 years now .

OE are generally dusty and ECE R90 low dust non metal with some ceramic content have been available for some time now .

EBC Redstuff
TRW DTEC
Ferodo DS Performance
Akebono
Textar epad
Jurid White .

IMG_20190217_074327.jpg I bought pagid discs and fitted Greenstuff pads. Brilliant But Redstuff are great for everyday use - and very low dust to boot.
I like the pagid discs as they have that very durable finish on them much like oem that if you've got big open alloys does t look rusty unsightly after 6 months like some other discs...

My first ever non OE pad was
Greenstuff , tried Ferodo DS2500 and Yellowstuff and settled for Redstuff .

Low dust , street / fast road ceramic pad with a performance advantage .

Nooo that Pagid silver paint isn't durable , brother fitted new discs then decided to cleaned his wheels , one squirt of Auto Glym Clean wheels and oh dear..

20150809_174846-jpg.65622

It's nothing more than like a 'wheel silver' spray can .

That's why I pre paint all my discs with black Hammerite Smooth , never rust.

Brembo has the best paint but it does not stop me from getting out the Hammerite .

I do have to disagree with you there. I've had pagid discs from new on the Streetka fitted Jan 2017 not a spec of rust on them. The A210s (discs pictured) never rusted either and we fitted them to Mrs Edd1968's Suzuki Grand Vitara, again no rust.
What I will say however is that I clean the wheels and brakes extremely regularly (my ocd) and never use anything aggressive in the wheel cleaner department as that can be the culprit when it comes to damaging the coatings on discs - and calipers for that matter. :)

OK fair enough . Brembo has a proper gloss paint but you cannot however beat Hammerite Smooth for durability.

Not a fan of silver brake parts when the silver star of the show is the wheels .

Unless you are going to track the car, the OE parts will be perfectly balanced for normal driving.
Aftermarket pads even from the OEM will not be the same as OE, as the spec will be MB specific. That's not to say aftermarket pads are inferior, just not the same as MB
correct you won’t have the Amg logo on them lol

View attachment 83629 I bought pagid discs and fitted Greenstuff pads. Brilliant But Redstuff are great for everyday use - and very low dust to boot.
I like the pagid discs as they have that very durable finish on them much like oem that if you've got big open alloys does t look rusty unsightly after 6 months like some other discs...

Where can I buy the red stuff pads from, need full set front and rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom