2004 E55 flat battery locked out of boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
hi all. Came to car this morning and managed to open it with remote, there was message on dash in red, (reduced braking power) and was dead wouldn’t start.. I then tried it again and it was completely flat no display, tried the boot and just my luck it wouldn’t open, the key from the fob goes in and turns but still won’t open. There is no jump point under the bonnet on the E55. I was thinking of putting 12v direct to the alternator to blip the boot release on the remote to gain access to the boot to charge battery, would this be ok or are there any other methods.... hopefully the remote would open it as it’s always worked.. any ideas please gents, thanks.

Jump point under the bonnet is on the NSF scuttle panel next to the Pollen filter housing +, and the negative is the Brass post just next to the NSF Strut tower.

Stick 12v into the fag lighter.

Stick the key blade in and turn 1/8 (half of the 1/4) of the turn. It will open.

Stick 12v into the fag lighter.

That's only connected through with the ignition on.
Connecting to the battery side of the startter solenoid is easier than connecting to the alternator methinks.

But as above I would expect a jump point under the bonnet, mine have always been inside the fuse box, and then often with a removable cover, on the cover, to get access.

hi all. Came to car this morning and managed to open it with remote, there was message on dash in red, (reduced braking power) and was dead wouldn’t start.. I then tried it again and it was completely flat no display, tried the boot and just my luck it wouldn’t open, the key from the fob goes in and turns but still won’t open. There is no jump point under the bonnet on the E55. I was thinking of putting 12v direct to the alternator to blip the boot release on the remote to gain access to the boot to charge battery, would this be ok or are there any other methods.... hopefully the remote would open it as it’s always worked.. any ideas please gents, thanks.

Are you just turning the key blade in the boot lock only..?? if so I believe you need to turn the key blade in the boot key lock and pull the handle in on the boot at the same time, , this is how my own boot operates on flat battery on my 06 E55, hope that helps

Yes as Gav said there’s a 12v +ve power point under the bonnet, just connect to that and the ground post and then you can operate the central locking to access the boot :cool:

9DCA088F-58E4-46E6-9F3C-3453A3141B60.jpeg

You need to lift the small plastic cover at the top.

Are you just turning the key blade in the boot lock only..?? if so I believe you need to turn the key blade in the boot key lock and pull the handle in on the boot at the same time, , this is how my own boot operates on flat battery on my 06 E55, hope that helps
That is the correct procedure.

Seems unusual - have you any underbonnet pics?

There’s a battery underneath the pollen filter housing anyway which may help.

77F733D7-15FB-497E-A0F2-859E2B816317.jpeg Here is a picture of my under bonnet.. can’t find any jumper terminals.

Here is a pic of underbonnet

Lift up the Pollen filter and jump off the Aux battery or charge it via the aux battery.

Have you tried turning the key and pulling the handle as suggested above? I've had this situation a billion times since my car spent last 4 years on and off the road. Turning 1/8 counter clockwise (12 to 10:30 o'clock) and pulling the handle works every time with dead battery.

I am waiting for him to confirm that part, pulling the handle.

The saloons do not have that jump point in the engine bay.

I am waiting for him to confirm that part, pulling the handle.

The saloons do not have that jump point in the engine bay.
Yes I’ve tried several times turning key and trying lever no ho I’m afraid...

What do you feel when you pull the handle?

One turned, the key should by pass the electronic unlock/latch system and give you a solid feel. It will feel like someone has connected a cable between the handle and latch, and you are manually unlocking the boot.

If it is still a loose feeling then something is faulty.

Does the key lock and unlock the driver's door?

What do you feel when you pull the handle?

One turned, the key should by pass the electronic unlock/latch system and give you a solid feel. It will feel like someone has connected a cable between the handle and latch, and you are manually unlocking the boot.

If it is still a loose feeling then something is faulty.

Does the key lock and unlock the driver's door?
Yes your right the handle feels loose like it’s not connected. I’ll check the key in the door handle tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom