2004 Mercedes CLK Coupe 200 K Auto Elegance. Is this pearlescent paint. Paint Code C744

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BazMBC

Car
2004 Mercedes CLK 200 K Elegance
Dear MB Club Members,

RE Scratch to paintwork - 2004 Mercedes CLK Coupe 200 K Auto Elegance. Silver.

The paint code marked on the door plate is C744 but can any body confirm what type of paint it is, i.e. is it a pearlescent. A link to any official Mercedes documentation would be helpful. The local Mercedes dealer can only confirm the paint code.

Purely using a visual inspection it looks like a pearlescent rather than a metallic paint. There are quite a few paint suppliers that provide a matched blend for C744 but it needs to be the correct type of paint and lacquer if a good match is to be achieved.

If there is any specific Mercedes information detailing exactly what type of paint system is used it would be very helpful.

At the moment I’ve received a quote of £200 from a garage that has experience repairing Mercedes vehicles and a quote from mobile scratch repair operator of £125. I’ve no idea if the repair to the paintwork can be done properly using a mobile unit and their techniques, especially if my Mercedes model uses a specific paint system that can’t be easily matched.

Any advice, information or scratch repair experience for Mercedes colour code C744 from members would be appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

BazMBC.

ps. Couple of pics attached. Is this a pearlescent!Scratch below trim..jpg Scratch. Pic 2.jpg

744 Silver is metallic

As above, does not look pearlescent either.

As above. Paint code 744 is Brilliant Silver and it isn't pearlescent.

The quote of £200 sounds reasonable. The whole panel will need spraying and blending in.
Brilliant Silver isn't the easiest to match and I doubt a mobile unit is up the job for a perfect finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom