2004 s320cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BKM

Car
2004 W220 S320CDI
Hi all,

Couldn't resist a temptation and have just bought myself a Xmas gift - a silver w220:bannana: A few minor bits needed attention as they do with cars that age but overall what a CAR!! I can't stop smiling everytime I think of driving it. Having previously owned W123 (first car ever) and W202 I just can't believe how massive an upgrade I have treated myself to.
Earlier this year I was offered a deal on a 1 year old Insignia for £230 a month on PCP but as you can imagine it just didn't do it for me. When I am trying to compare the two there is basically nothing to compare.

Considering I bought the S Class for the fraction of the price of a nearly new Vauxhall, even if I factor in all the possible expensive repairs like Airmatic etc. it will still be cheaper and 100 time more comfortable. Not to mention the message it sends. After a few days I have already noticed how different other road users' attitude to you is when you are driving an S Class, even if it is 12 years old.

Wow!

Welcome to the forum.

What changes in attitude have you noticed from other road users?

I sold my S class to my customer with a p/x his 2006 320d and a few day later I asked him how is the car?The answer was "IT AMAZING " lol they are indeed.Get it mapped and give it more spirit when needed u`ll love it even more.

I never expected much to change but it seems very few drivers are trying to race me now at the traffic lights, not that I would anyway. Also merging feels easier as nobody is blocking me or is trying to squeeze in between my car and the curb. When I change lanes or join the traffic I have noticed people being more willing to let me in and just more respectful in general. This is the first 500miles experience. Also the guy in the Shell garrage where I normally buy fuel acknowldeged the car and started talking to me even though previously it was nothing more than good morning, good bye experience. Coincidence? Maybe.

With regards to remaping I have never thought of doing it before, can you squeeze much more out of this engine?

Last edited:
I never expected much to change but it seems very few drivers are trying to race me now at the traffic lights, not that I would anyway. Also merging feels easier as nobody is blocking me or is trying to squeeze in between my car and the curb. When I change lanes or join the traffic I have noticed people being more willing to let me in and just more respectful in general. This is the first 500miles experience. Also the guy in the Shell garrage where I normally buy fuel acknowldeged the car and started talking to me even though previously it was nothing more than good morning, good bye experience. Coincidence? Maybe.

With regards to remaping I have never thought of doing it before, can you squeeze much more out of this engine?

You`ll feel the difference,depending on engine health stage 1 235-260 bhp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom