2004 SLK 200 (R171) with no 12v cigarette lighter power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leonardoa

Car
SLK 200
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and want to ask what could be the cause of the 12v power socket not working (the one next to the ask tray)? All other electronics on the centre console works. When I checked online for the fuse to the cigarette lighter it said that the same fuse is used for powering up the audio system, and that is working so I ruled out the possibility of a blown fuse.

According to the manual, there should also be another power outlet on the side of the passenger footwell, but all I found was a round plastic holder in place of where the outlet should be. So, it seems I only have one power socket and it's not working.

During my annual service last week, I asked the guys from the garage to take a look but they couldn't find an obvious fault and said they need to take out the console to take a look and will cost a lot of money.

So, I'm reluctant to do it and want to ask if there could be something simple that I could fix myself.

Any tips will be much appreciated. My last resort would be to get one of those Battery Clip-on Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Adapter (see attached) and bring the cable through the window.

Attachments

• 61tEtRUk6ML._SX679_.jpg
    61tEtRUk6ML._SX679_.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom