2004 Slk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
On track, lightly disguised:-

car_portal_pic_12175.jpg

Flicked through this weeks Autocar in WHS tonight, featuring latest spy photos of the new SLK, with barely any disguise. Looks fantastic with the front and rear very much like the new SLR (ie long pointed centre section to the bonnet / front bumper and similar light treatment at the rear.

Nothing on the Autocar website as yet, but should get there in a few days time www.autocarmag.com

In the meantime there is a spy video of a disguised SLK on the autoexpress website, link

www.evo.co.uk/t/story/slkmercedes-benz/id37553/story.htm

Saw this (and touched it) when I visited the Bremen factory in May. Also saw it being test driven on autobahn nr Bottrop too. Really wanted them to take off all that disguise - the staff wanted to but Mr Big Management stiffly said no. Oh well...just have to wait now.

CLK 270 - I agree the one I saw seemed to resemble the SLR at the front - very nice.

Anyone got around K40 in their back pockets thats loading them down by any chance :D

Is it just me or is that Freddie Krueger in the passenger seat......!

picture still not on Autocar website , but have since found this link. I think these are probably computer modified images of the current model but the general detail is the same as the spy shots in Autocar.

http://www.loxleyvehicles.co.uk/content.php?categoryId=97

CLK270 - Definitely not computer images cos I actually saw the same being test driven on the autobahn as well as seeing and touching it at Bremen factory when I visited there in Germany last May. Although a prototype and obviously changes may be made to it, I believe this was the actual, if not, similar one to that I saw last May.

Found these for those of you hungry for pics - :)

r171-12.jpg

r171-11.jpg

r171-8.jpg

Click below for what looks like a good site for SLK info, wenn sie Deutsch sprechen kann ;)

Link

Last edited:
Thanks for that Guy.

Hmmm....interesting - Is it me or does anybody think that the red and blue SLKs differs slightly, particularly around the front headlights?

......and here's how the front will most probably look.....

Originally posted by Mercedes Lady
Thanks for that Guy.

Hmmm....interesting - Is it me or does anybody think that the red and blue SLKs differs slightly, particularly around the front headlights?
The front grilles look completely different between the two, my guess is that the red slk looks like an early prototype or possibly a home brewed version where the owner wants the look of the new model.

S.

I wonder if i can fit into this one :confused: :bannana:

Originally posted by simonl
care to expand on that?? :) :confused:
He could but then he'd have to shoot you ;) Whilst at AMG recently, they told us about upcoming future models ;) ***coughC55cough***

S.

Last edited:
fuzzer said:
I wonder if i can fit into this one :confused: :bannana:

How big are you Fuzzer? I'm 6'4" and 13 1/2 stone and I don't have a problem. Loads of headroom and also enough legroom (just). Have you been caught out by the ludicrous manual adjusting seat that won't lower itself and is difficult to push back. Try one with electric adjustment and you'll see that the space in the SLK is about the same as that in the old SL - and that's plenty.

On 1st glance, the front reminded me of the MGF - maybe its just the color and the light disguise ...

mbzslk230k said:
On 1st glance, the front reminded me of the MGF - maybe its just the color and the light disguise ...

That was my reaction when I first saw it on a TT site about 4 weeks ago - but more the MGTF rather than the F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom