2004 Viano W639 3.0 L petrol / automatic drive train judder - opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroDriver

I just bought a 2004 Viano 3.0 petrol Trend long with 85km on the clock. When going up hills there is quite a bit of drive train vibration / juddering. It judders a bit less if I select a lower gear. When driving on level roads, the drive train seems normal with just a bit of whine

Any opinions about what might be the problem, drive shaft mountings, auto transmission mounts, heavens forbid tranny bearings going ?

Has anyone had similar experiences ?

Is it worthwhile to get the transmission oil pumped out, flushed and new oil put in.

Many Thanks in advance

Mercedes Viano V 220 CDI Vibration

Hi There,

I have had a problem with my Mercedes Viano that it vibrates when i go over say 50 mph and also when cruising at optimum speed .. it also jumps when i stop at lights etc .. i was told its the gearbox and torque converter that need to be replaced. Can anybody shed any light on this as i have had the mounts and bushels replaced and they did not assist in reducing the problem.

Thanks,

Shane

tbh better of getting checked in my personall opinion id say torque convertor or gearbox maybe a prop issue

Prop shafts on these are usually connected by universal joints, not doughnuts. Check the uj's for play. Had one in last week with similar symptoms and had the uj refurbed, job done and all for £64.

vitos do have centre bearing too well thats what i think off when u say dougnut

check propshaft uj's if they are ok flash gearbox poss torque converter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom