2004 W211 Wing mirror repeater.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
i'm having problems removing the outer cover on my n/s wing mirror so I can replace the cracked indicator LED strip.(2004 W211 E55)

I'm following this YouTube "How to" but the metal tag just won't move inwards to release the outer cover.
[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=WQYhPrYaYng[/YOUTUBE]

Any ideas if I'm doing this wrong and the video is for the wrong model and mine is removed by a different method? Plenty of WD40 used in case its seized in, but its not moving a fraction:wallbash:

Last edited:
Watching this, got to remove mine soon to fix broken wiring. Did do the nearside one soon after I got mine, and it did come off, but wasn't the simple twist of a large screwdriver that the how-to thread implied...entirely good thread, though, I just cannot rediscover it...

There are some still shots here which might help. The cover will need a good dunt backwards to free it if it's not been off before.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/62215-w211-door-mirror.html

Thanks for that:thumb:

Going to PCS tomorrow to have another exhaust manifold fitted so I'll ask him to take a look. I think you could be right in that its never been removed and needs a good tug. I'll get the missus to give it a tug, she's pretty good at it ;)

they can be a bit stiff, wiggle the cover whilst doing it

A good medium size flat head screw driver and a good yank, it should come off.

Do you really need an American? Is a Brit not good enough?

Fixed it.:bannana:

It seems the clip I was trying to depress was further inside the outer shell than I thought. Once removed it took about 10 mins to change out the cracked indicator lens and refit. Happy enough to do any more should the need arise.

Nevermind about the mirror casing Roger.... How was the tug....? :bannana:

^ It was more of a pull than a tug Lee. I did it myself. Does that make me bad:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom