2004 W220 S55k brake discs - any decent suppliers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W4SIM

Banned
Car
S55 AMG Kompressor
Hi

Im looking for front nrake discs on my 2004 S55 Kompressor and willy nilly i just went to the MB parts department and asked for a price. After searching the computer he said its ONLY £565.00 for the pair. :eek:

Im pretty sure i collapsed and fainted because when i came back around he was checking the computer again and telling me he could do a decent discount and got them to JUST £400. :crazy:

Im pretty sure i collapsed again because when i came back round again i found myself on the pavement outside!

So is there anywhere that does these discs for a more decent price?

I know its an S Class, and i know its got 500bhp, but i also know the discs arnt made of gold!

Did you email Nick ?

contact Acid

Hi

Im looking for front nrake discs on my 2004 S55 Kompressor and willy nilly i just went to the MB parts department and asked for a price. After searching the computer he said its ONLY £565.00 for the pair. :eek:

Im pretty sure i collapsed and fainted because when i came back around he was checking the computer again and telling me he could do a decent discount and got them to JUST £400. :crazy:

Im pretty sure i collapsed again because when i came back round again i found myself on the pavement outside!

So is there anywhere that does these discs for a more decent price?

I know its an S Class, and i know its got 500bhp, but i also know the discs arnt made of gold!

W4SIM, contact ACID (BrabusK8) he gets excellent discounts on Genuine MB parts.:thumb::thumb:

HTH

Yep, hasnt got back to me yet.

I've spoke to him , he's only got one.

Acid is your best bet then , he gets a good discount on brake parts.

I guess if you own a hundred grand car , and want to play with the big boys , you have to have a big boys cheque book.

I've spoke to him , he's only got one.

Acid is your best bet then , he gets a good discount on brake parts.

I guess if you own a hundred grand car , and want to play with the big boys , you have to have a big boys cheque book.

How on earth did he manage to just end up with one :confused: :)

But thanks for asking anyway, much appreciated.

If it comes down to it il pay the price, and im sure even i can get it down from £400, but i just dont like the fact that these are priced that much just because of the car they fit onto, not because theres anything too special about them. Ah well, like you say, if you wana play with the big boys . . . . .

Wow! E55 discs are cheap, couple hundred for the fronts I think, same as sl55, s55 must be extra special lol..

Drop me a pm with your reg and ill see what we stock. Might be genuine boxed or a or quality option I'm sure we can save you some money and not sacrifice quality

Patrick

Brembos would be an aftermarket upgrade kit.

We would also stock ATE, Pagid or textar (all oiginal parts suppliers ti Mercedes)

Wow! E55 discs are cheap, couple hundred for the fronts I think, same as sl55, s55 must be extra special lol..

Yeah i did notice that the E55, SL55 and even the CL55 discs seem pretty cheap in comparison . . . . i cant figure out why really to be honest :confused:

I also cant figure out whats so special about the S55 discs.

W4sim, supplied his VIN number, and i have found him the following parts. If its useful for anybody else in the future, here are the prices, and part numbers.

Pagid Brake Disc (Front)
Part No:104221208
Web Price: £182.40 (Priced Per Disc)
Forum Price: £136.80 Each
Pagid | Euro Car Parts UK
98200_1242_0_1.JPG

Pagid Brake Disc (Rear)
Part No.: 104221408
Web Price: £111.60 (Priced Per Disc)
Forum Price: £83.70 Each
Pagid Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK
98200_1243_0_1.JPG

And if it matters........

Pagid Brake Pads (Front)
Part No.: 101220968
Web Price £88.80 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £66.60
101220968.jpg

Pagid Brake Pads (Rear)
Part No.: 101220978
Web Price: £58.74 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £44.05
101220978.jpg

There are ATE Pads available, these are a little more at about £160 for the pair (after discount)

Hope that helps?

Patrick

Last edited:
I cant thank Patrick enough for his help in finding these discs, especially considering they are Pagid aswell, which if im not mistaken is an OEM supplier to Mercedes.

Just got to get it into the garage and then get these on. Looking forward to some proper braking now me thinks.

I cant thank Patrick enough for his help in finding these discs, especially considering they are Pagid aswell, which if im not mistaken is an OEM supplier to Mercedes.

Just got to get it into the garage and then get these on. Looking forward to some proper braking now me thinks.

No probs,

Pagid are one of many OE suppliers to Merc - Not too sure who actually makes the OE discs on your car but we the other thread says, it will be one of the big boys (Pagid, ATE etc...)

No probs,

Pagid are one of many OE suppliers to Merc - Not too sure who actually makes the OE discs on your car but we the other thread says, it will be one of the big boys (Pagid, ATE etc...)

Well the Calipers actually say "Brembo" on them, but i cant find any aftermarket Brembo discs of this fitment or for this car. They make them for the S600 Bi-Turbo, but not this, so i dont know whats going on there.

I also cant figure out whats so special about the S55 discs.

Nearly two tonnes at around 175mph is your answer. That takes a helluva lot of stopping.

Another thing to consider is that the replacement discs are a lot cheaper than a replacement front end and probably not a lot different from your insurance excess.

Don't take risks with your brakes - it might not just be you that thanks you for the extra stopping power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom