2005 220 cdi diesel air con

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jamie weeks, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jamie weeks

jamie weeks Member

Car:
    mercedes c220 cdi diesel
    the climate control seems very sensitive,i.e. three clicks up form cold and it blows hot,there seems to be no happy medium.cars I have had before the climate has been set to say 19 and it does the rest automatically,but this car seems ultra sensitive to adjustment,are they all the same ?

2. waterman69

waterman69 New Member

Car:
    C 220 cdi
    My 2004 220cdi is exactly the same, hot or cold, not much inbetween.

3. jim_bob567

jim_bob567 Member

Car:
    C220 cdi coupe
    Mine is the same, it only blows cold on 'lo' setting if I set temp to 17 or above on either driver or passenger side it blows hot air, not warm, but red hot air even with a/c switched on... It may be because I swapped my thermatic unit to a thermotronic one, but even after replacing the unit with the original one and performing a normalising reset it seemed to make no difference, any ideas people?

4. Stratman

Stratman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
    I'm sure you're aware that the temperature you set on the dials is the target temperature for the cabin, not the temperature of the air from the blowers. If there is a big difference between the current and target temperatures, the microbrain may well blow full hot or full cold until the cabin is a bit closer to the target.

Of course it could be one or more of the air distribution flap rods have broken or become detached, a fairly common occurrence.

5. m2mb

m2mb Active Member

Car:
    E220 CDI 2008
    a/c cabin sensor. if faulty the "air mixer" does not get the correct instructions so...